When is a ghost town not a ghost town?  When it’s Mannford, Oklahoma!
Take a tour of this early beloved town with members of the Keystone Crossroads Historical Society on Friday, October 21.
The tour begins at 5:00 p.m. with former resident and KCHS trustee Bill Alsip at the original town site, now under the jurisdiction of U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Stick around after the tour, as the sun goes down, for a bonfire, s’mores and sharing of ghost stories. This event is free and will be a walking tour on blacktop surfaces and gravel, so please dress comfortably and appropriately for fall weather.
The original town of Mannford was officially established when the post office opened in 1903.  In 1962, the town of Mannford, situated on the shores of the Cimarron River, moved several miles south east to its present location to make room for the construction of the Keystone Dam and Reservoir. Hundreds of residents moved, some even taking their homes with them, to the new town site, leaving behind memories and concrete foundations.
Directions to the Old Mannford site:  From the junction of Highways 51 and 48, go north on Highway 48 for approximately 2.5 miles. Turn east on 11th Street.  Follow 11th Street directly into the Old Mannford site.  The “Original Town site of Mannford” historical marker will be visible.
This event will only occur if weather permits.  For more information, visit the KCHS Facebook page: www.facebook.com/mannfordmuseum; email the group at mannfordmuseum@yahoo.com, or call the Mannford Public Library at 918-865-BOOK (2665).