BY C.L. HARMON
. When Mannford firefighters arrived, they found the south portion of the house engulfed in flames, according the fire incident report. The residence belonging to the Clint Maggard family had spread to both floors and into the attic and had breached the roof. The house was in the rrocess of being remolded on the east side and therefore the contents and clothes had been moved into the south end bedrooms and attic. Firefighters were not able to contain the fire due in part to the heavy fuel load, the report indicates. After the initial engagement of battling the blaze, firefighters appeared to have the fire contained to the center of the house and the south end but were called back out a few hours later because the fire had started back up and had moved into the north end of the home inside the cathedral ceiling. This reignition would leave the residence as a total loss as there was nothing that could be saved, the report indicated. In the investigation the owners wife told said that she and and their five children were home when it started and that her son had plugged in the battery of a remote control car and that the battery exploded. The explosion spread fire throughout the room setting clothes and bed linens on fire. The family’s initial attempts to extinguish the flames were unsuccessful as it was growing too quickly she reported. They exited the residence and called the fire dept. Firefighters we were able to find some of the pieces of the battery and charger and notified the State Fire Marshal’s Office to report the fire had been started from a toy. They then advised that the family should notify the Consumer Product Safety Commission.