Teacher Of The Year!
1. What do you teach and how long have you been teaching?
A.) I currently teach High School English at Mannford High School. I have also taught 4th and 5th grade reading and math at Mannford Upper Elementary before moving to the high school. I have taught school for 20 years.
2. What is your teaching philosophy and methods used to implement such a
A.) My teaching philosophy – I believe that I need to do my best to find the best way to teach all of my students. I know that everyone learns differently and it’s my job to find the best way to teach them.
3. How does it make you feel to have such an honor as Teacher of the Year?
A.) I am incredibly honored to have been nominated for teacher of the year. I am lucky to work with amazing people everyday who support each other and work together for our students.
4. I hope that I give my students an opportunity to find their passions and find ways to achieve their dreams.
5. I don’t know if I have a specific project to pinpoint my philosophy. I always try to make sure I have a multitude of approaches to each standard I teach. I try to combine guided lessons with independent learning projects.
6. Like many other teachers, the main challenge I face is the ever increasing test stress for our students. I do the best I can to prepare my students for the future, while preparing them to meet their goals in school.
7. My favorite part of teaching is working with the students and seeing them succeed. I love when they try new things and find out they can do it.